Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brooke's First Boo Boo

I went to visit Brooke at lunch yesterday and Audrey rushed out on the front porch and said "it's been an awful morning!" She said Brooke had hurt herself and I could tell that Audrey was really stressed out about it. Audrey went upstairs to rinse out a bottle and Brooke started wailing in the basement. Audrey said she was crying, too, as she was consoling Brooke. She thinks Brooke rolled up against a post in her basement. As quickly as Brooke rolls now I can see how it would be very easy for her to hurt herself. I guess the helmet can't protect her from everything . . . but it has protected her from a lot because I watch her bonk her head all the time. So Brooke's first visible wound was a scrape on her nose. I have to admit that I'm not sad to have missed this "first" by Brooke!


No comments: