Thursday, October 23, 2008

Afternoon Musings

I have to say it is quite a blessing (or maybe a mixed blessing) that Brooke loves to ride in her jogging stroller since that doesn't give me any excuse for slacking on my running. So on our run yesterday I began wondering if Brooke will be a runner or a golfer or a pianist . . . and then I thought back to something shared in Bible study this week. My sister shared that another parent was praying for their child and they prayed that their child would have a profound relationship with God. This really struck me because it's easy to pray that your child will be healthy or intelligent or athletic or a blessing to others or that they won't fall on hard times . . . but really all of those things are insignificant! So I pray that our little Brooke will love and follow God (and I will try not to be disappointed if she doesn't like to run . . . and her daddy will try not to be disappointed if she doesn't like golf)!

2 comments:

dan and elise said...

hey brooklyn!
We can't believe what a smiley one you are! Your aunt elise and uncle deebs love your blog. You're a big star!

love,
dan and elise

My Treasures said...

Hey Brooke, Nana loves your blog you are the cutest baby and look so sweet in all your pictures. Mommy and Daddy are very lucky and blessed to have you.